[Rd] Linux distribution with gcc 4.8 and AddressSanitizer ?

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Thu Apr 18 17:38:06 CEST 2013

Dear R developers,

I've got an information from Prof. Ripley regarding a bug found with
AdressSanitizer in one of our packages. It is now fixed, thank you for
this information.

Now, I would like to run AddressSanitizer myself before submitting the
patched package to CRAN.

Is there a recommendation of a suitable Linux distribution with gcc 4.8,
ideally an ISO image or (even better) a virtual appliance for VMware or
VirtalBox? My Debian Wheezy machines have only 4.7.2.

Thank you

Thomas Petzoldt

--
Dr. Thomas Petzoldt