[Rd] Is there an automatic method for updating an existing CRAN package from R-forge? - resolved

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Wed Oct 3 18:20:38 CEST 2012

>> | Is there a mechanism on R-forge for updating an existing
>> CRAN package, analogous to the 'submit to cran' link on the
>> R-forge package page, ....

> I prefer to do this 'by hand' but my understanding is that  'submit to cran'
> is equivalent to 'push this current version to CRAN' --- and
> not to 'make one initial upload' as you seem to read it.  So
> I say go for it.

I had; it was when it failed that I posted the question.

However, you've encouraged me to try again and that helped; the second attempt indicates that I had misunderstood the error message. It wasnt indicating a clash with an existing package name but a clash with an existing version number. Probable explanation: I have failed to update my DESCRIPTION file.

Apologies for wasting folks' time. Again.

S Ellison