[Rd] Is there an automatic method for updating an existing CRAN package from R-forge?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 1 13:55:10 CEST 2012

On 1 October 2012 at 12:38, S Ellison wrote:
| I have a package on CRAN and now have a modest update that's passing build checks on R-forge.
|
| Is there a mechanism on R-forge for updating an existing CRAN package, analogous to the 'submit to cran' link on the R-forge package page, or should I just follow the instructions at  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html for FTP upload?

I prefer to do this 'by hand' but my understanding is that 'submit to cran'
is equivalent to 'push this current version to CRAN' --- and not to 'make one
initial upload' as you seem to read it.  So I say go for it.

Quite a few people seem to push from R-Forge if I read another field in
the DESCRIPTION file (once on CRAN) correctly.

Dirk