[Rd] Serializing many small objects efficiently

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:56:36 CET 2012

Here's a snip from r-hcp. You can probably find it in the archive:

From: Michael Spiegel
Date: Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Subject: RE: [R-sig-hpc] [zeromq-dev] rzmq package

Calling serialize/serialize from c/c++ is not too convoluted. You can
find a good example in
https://github.com/mspiegel/PiebaldMPI/blob/master/src/lapply_workers_helpers.c,
look for the function "generateReturnList". I'm doing both
serialization and unserialization in that function, but you'll be able
to tease apart the two calls.