[Rd] R 2.14.1 memory management under Windows

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Mar 22 13:56:56 CET 2012

Thanks for the replies and please excuse my failure to provide
sessionInfo():

WINDOWS 7 WITH 8 GB RAM:

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] fda_2.2.8 zoo_1.7-7

[1] grid_2.14.1    lattice_0.20-0

FEDORA 13 LINUX WITH 4 GB RAM (copied manually, thereby increasing the
risks of copying errors):

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform:  i386-redhat-linux-gnu (32-bit)

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8        LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.utf8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.utf8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=C            LC_MESSAGES=en_US.utf8
  [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.utf8    LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C            LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.utf8    LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] splines  stats  graphics  grDevices  utils  datgasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] fda_2.2.6  zoo_1.6-5

[1] grid_2.12.0  lattice_0.19-30