[Rd] How to install sqldf to R with version 2.10?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Mar 17 17:25:31 CET 2012

On 17.03.2012 17:20, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM, zhu free<freezhu8 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> How to install sqldf to R with version 2.10? I used the R in the cluster of
>> university and there seems no way to update the R version to 2.14. However,
>> I do need sqldf. I tried to install and there is the problem of namespace.
>> How could I solve the problem of namespace and run sqldf on R with version
>> 2.10? Thank you!
>>
> Download and unpack the sqldf source, add a NAMESPACE file, then build
> the Windows binary using R-2.10.x and Rtools210 or Rtools211.

I don't think the OP is using Windows on a cluster.
The point is that the new sqldf may not be compatible with the old
release of R - and I don't have such an old versionarounf for testing.
Anyway: Go to CRAN and the package's archive, you will find old versions
of the package that may work with the old R-2.10.x

Uwe Ligges