[Rd] Performance issues with R2.15.1 built from source on Solaris

Eberle, Anthony aeber at allstate.com
Fri Aug 10 18:50:04 CEST 2012

Yes, the T4 physical host that the zone is configured on is SPARC.  Are
you saying that this is a function of the hardware or would possibly
updating to a newer version of gcc help?  I'm actually going to see if I
can build a newer version of gcc anyway just to eliminate that variable.

I picked the "sd" and "R-Benchmark" tests as I am new to R and
functioning more as an administrator than a modeler or statistical
engineer.  I too have seen that some operations do perform better on
certain systems than others.  This makes sense as I know different
hardware and CPU's are better at some things than others.  However I'm
not familiar enough with R yet to know what the functions are doing
under the hood and which would be more performing on what hardware.

However I will try to check into the specs for the T4 and see if
anything is mentioned about the "long double" or something along these
lines.  Thanks.

Anthony