[Rd] Inserting and testing revised functions in a package

Chris Warren warrencp at umich.edu
Wed Aug 8 22:59:29 CEST 2012

Thanks, that was helpful in finding a bug in a library I was using, but now I'd
like to run the original code (the revised code is unable to access some of the
functions in the package, apparently, but I think I can work around it by
running and checking the original function).

How can I recover the original function?  I tried using
insertSource("SourceFileWithOriginalFunctionCode.R", package = "Package",
functions = "functionOfInterest")

but I run into the same inability to access some the package functions used by
the function.

I also tried reloading but got

"The following object(s) are masked _by_ ‘.GlobalEnv’:

    probtrans"

Thanks for your help,
Chris