[Rd] Error message library()

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:02:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Renaud Gaujoux
<renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za> wrote:
> "BTW: an ever more intuitive solution (IMHO) would be to auto-complete
> package names in library( ... Deepayan?;)  That is non-intrusive and in line
> with the general use of R." (Simon)
>
> This is indeed a long wanted feature and to my surprise it actually already
> exists!!! (seems that Deepayan did not tell anybody about it ;) )
> The help page ?completion in the utils package explains how to enable it:
>
> utils::rc.settings(ipck=TRUE)
>
> It simply worked on my Ubuntu box -- and directly went in my .Rprofile :)
> Hope this helps.

Also in terms of what exists now, on Windows the Packages > Load
Package menu on Rgui provides a gui interface to library() from which
one chooses the package from a list so one can't ask for one that does
not exist.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.