[Rd] CRAN Master Server Upgrade - Advance Notice

Stefan Theussl stefan.theussl at wu.ac.at
Tue Oct 25 21:11:44 CEST 2011

To all CRAN-users/uploaders/mirror-Providers: The CRAN master server
will be upgraded on Nov., 2nd.

Technology never stands still, so there comes a point when we need to
upgrade our hardware to keep up with todays market.

At the moment we are migrating data to the new server and test it as
best as possible. The server will provide exactly the same content that
CRAN already provides, but faster, and hopefully saver and better.

The move is being done for several reasons:
- There is better hardware technology available.
- Better technology means faster processing to meet the requirements.
- Hardware devices have a finite life.

The move will take place on Nov.,2nd in the afternoon (~2pm EST). Thus
keep in mind that the web and ftp service will not be available at that
time.

Best regards,
CRAN staff