[Rd] Contributors on R-Forge

Fri Oct 21 16:54:25 CEST 2011

Looke like Yihui and I are on the same page.

Just wanted to add another comment with respect to his point here:

> I'd encourage you to consider using github as the place for
> development, and sync to r-forge so users can install the devel
> version by install.packages(..., repos =
> 'http://r-forge.r-project.org') and r-forge can also do R CMD
> build/check for you once in a while.

Hadley's devtools package:
https://github.com/hadley/devtools

Has an install_github function which allows you to install a package
directly from github as well:

https://github.com/hadley/devtools/blob/master/R/install.r#L57

-steve

--