[Rd] matrix multiplication speed R

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Tue May 10 06:26:00 CEST 2011

aftar wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can we use BLAS in R X64 for windows?
>
> Regards
> Aftar

You are already using BLAS in R as R includes its own BLAS library. On
Windows the 64-bit DLL is located at R_HOME\bin\x64\Rblas.dll.

If you are asking about swapping that out for an optimized BLAS, you will
probably have to:

  1. Obtain and build an optimized BLAS such as ATLAS, Goto BLAS or Intel
MKL

  2. Build your own copy of R from source that links against this new blas.

If there is a simpler way, I'm sure someone will correct me.

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University