[Rd] Problem using F77_CALL(dgemm) in a package

Jason Rudy jcrudy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:39:00 CET 2011

I've never used C++ before, so for this project I think I will stick
with just using the BLAS and LAPACK routines directly.  Another issue
is that I will need to do some sparse matrix computations, for which I
am planning to use CSPARSE, at least to begin with.  I am interested
by RcppArmadillo, and would consider it for future projects.  If you
don't mind, what in your opinion are the major pros and cons of an
RcppArmadillo solution compared to simply using the BLAS or LAPACK
routines through the .C interface?

-Jason