[Rd] Front ends handling help.search() results?
murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:57:44 CEST 2011
On 03/08/2011 5:32 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> On Monday 01 August 2011, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> > I've just committed the changes to R-devel. Let me know if there is
> > anything worse than what I described.
> Well, you did not give detail on that, but I was surprised about the "topic"
> field for vignettes. Here (on a Debian/Linux system), for some vignettes,
> "topic" contains a file path, which - I guess - may have been used during
> installation of the package, but is no longer present on my system. E.g:
> "AnnotationDbi: How to use the \".db\" annotation packages"
> I would expect the "topic" field to always contain a string suitable for use as
> the "topic" parameter in vignette(). For some other vignettes() found by
> help.search() this is is working. I did not figure out a pattern, so far.
> Besides that, while testing, I found that the dynamic help fails to display
> the result of
> help.search ("grid")
> with this message:
> Error in .HTMLsearch(query) :
> number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
> I note that in the matches of that query, several vignettes are listed twice.
> This probably indicates a problem in my installation, but may still be worth
Thanks, I'll take a look at those.
More information about the R-devel