[Rd] Front ends handling help.search() results?
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Aug 3 11:32:41 CEST 2011
On Monday 01 August 2011, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> I've just committed the changes to R-devel. Let me know if there is
> anything worse than what I described.
Well, you did not give detail on that, but I was surprised about the "topic"
field for vignettes. Here (on a Debian/Linux system), for some vignettes,
"topic" contains a file path, which - I guess - may have been used during
installation of the package, but is no longer present on my system. E.g:
"AnnotationDbi: How to use the \".db\" annotation packages"
I would expect the "topic" field to always contain a string suitable for use as
the "topic" parameter in vignette(). For some other vignettes() found by
help.search() this is is working. I did not figure out a pattern, so far.
Besides that, while testing, I found that the dynamic help fails to display
the result of
with this message:
Error in .HTMLsearch(query) :
number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
I note that in the matches of that query, several vignettes are listed twice.
This probably indicates a problem in my installation, but may still be worth
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the R-devel