[Rd] R CMD check and Suggests Packages

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Fri Apr 29 04:00:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

In my description file, I have an example data package in Suggests: that I've deleted from my library to test what the user who doesn't have it will experience.

However, R CMD check won't even pass my package :

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Package required but not available: RepitoolsExamples

Why would it have to be installed, if it's only a data package, that isn't needed in any of my code ? The manual also says "In particular, large packages providing “only” data for examples or vignettes should be listed in ‘Suggests’ rather than ‘Depends’ in order to make lean installations possible."

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant
Cancer Epigenetics
Garvan Institute of Medical Research