[Rd] More strange R CMD build/check errors on Windows

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Mon Sep 27 19:47:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

Something I should mention too, and I don't know whether it is
related to the "'R CMD' confusion" issue I described previously,
is that with the migration from Perl-based to R-based 'R CMD build',
we also started to see the following 'R CMD build' error on Windows:

R\bin\R.exe CMD build cosmoGUI
* checking for file 'cosmoGUI/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'cosmoGUI':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/DESCRIPTION: Cannot change
ownership to uid 0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/man/constraintBuilder.Rd: Cannot
change ownership to uid 0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/man: Cannot change ownership to
uid 0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/NAMESPACE: Cannot change
ownership to uid 0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/R/gui.R: Cannot change ownership
to uid 0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI/R: Cannot change ownership to uid
0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: cosmoGUI: Cannot change ownership to uid
0, gid 401: Invalid argument
/cygdrive/c/RTOOLS˜1/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to
previous errors
  ERROR
copying to build directory failed

Like for the "'R CMD' confusion" issue, this error will show up
randomly everyday on our build report for around 10% of the
Bioconductor packages.

This is with 2.12.0 alpha (2010-09-24 r52991) on Windows Server 2003 R2
(32-bit). The tar command used is from current Rtools212.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès