[Rd] update.packages fails with directory not found

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon May 10 16:42:50 CEST 2010

Someone once suggested this error happened was
due to the Windows 'Indexing Service' (sp?) delaying
the commital of a request to rename a directory
(so a subsequent request to use the renamed directory
failed).

Was the indexing service running when this happened?

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com