[Rd] symbol name caching bug: attributes get tied to symbol names

luke at stat.uiowa.edu luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Sat Mar 13 01:23:58 CET 2010

Since symbols/names are reference objects this behavior in unavoidable
if we allow attributes to be added to them.  On the other hand, I'm
not sure it makes sense to allow that. Attempting to set an attribute
on NULL signals an error; it would probably make sense to do the same
for any name object.

luke