[Rd] R CMD check data reading

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Thu Mar 4 08:24:18 CET 2010

Hello,

I have a test script that works fine when I copy and paste it into a R session. I have the script in the tests directory of the package. But when I do R CMD check on the package it runs all the tests OK on my first dataset in the script, then I make a call to load() for the second dataset, and it gives

  Error in readChar(con, 5L, useBytes = TRUE) : cannot open the connection
  Calls: load -> load.default -> readChar
  Execution halted

At least I think that's where it is happening. None of my cat() statements in the script go to the screen, so it's only a guess based on the Calls: in the above message.

How could the script work when copied and pasted into a session, but fail under R CMD check ? I'm out of ideas on this one.

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant
Cancer Epigenetics
Garvan Institute of Medical Research