[Rd] Rmpi on CentOS (64bit)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Mar 3 20:57:10 CET 2010

On 3 March 2010 at 19:24, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
| On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Patrick Connolly wrote:
|
| > On Wed, 03-Mar-2010 at 08:42AM +0000, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
| >
| >> There are many different versions of OpenMPI about.  It looks like
| >> you have one that is set up for specialized hardware.  Either this
| >> is the wrong version or a configuration error, and you will need to
| >> talk to your 'local System Administrator'.
| >
| > He knows less about it (MPI, at least) than I do.  Perhaps this is
| > 'specialized hardware' in that it's a dual quad-core processor machine
| > -- but I'd have thought that's not particularly special nowadays.
|
| No, it is high-speed interconnects, used in high-performance clusters.

A similar issue once arose on Debian as we built Open MPI with the IB libs
even though most people don't have suitable Inifiniband hardware. In our case
that lead to a noisy warning; upstream later suppressed the warning given
certain conditions.

You could try to suppress the probe for IB which we did (in the older 1.2.*
series of OpenMPI) via

   # Disable the use of InfiniBand
   #   btl = ^openib
   btl = ^openib

in  /etc/openmpi/openmpi-mca-params.conf

Hth, Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!