[Rd] wcstombs error when compiling package with Debian/Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Feb 10 23:06:24 CET 2010

Christian,

On 10 February 2010 at 22:40, cstrato wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| Thank you for your fast reply.
|
| I am afraid that a small self-contained example will not solve the
| problem, since in this example I would need to add "#include
| <stdlib.h>", and as you can see from:
| https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2009-August/029192.html
| adding "#include <stdlib.h>" to some C++ *.cxx files did solve the problem.
|
| The question is, why did this user need to add "#include <stdlib.h>" on
| Debian, while this is not necessary on OpenSUSE11.1 and MacOS X?

That is difficult to say given the limited information you provided [ hint:
next time please list compiler, libc, and libstdc++ versions ] but one common
pattern is more recent-vs-older g++ versions as newer ones became more picky
about missing header includes.

This is now off-topic for r-devel so let's move it off-list.

Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!