[Rd] readline operate-and-get-next

Rafael Laboissiere rafael.laboissiere at inserm.fr
Sun Aug 8 20:55:29 CEST 2010

Okay, I could not refrain myself and implemented the change in
src/unix/sys-std.c.  The patch is attached below.  I tested it in the
2.11.1 source and it worked fine.  At any rate, the patch applies cleanly
to the SVN source.

Three notes about this patch:

1. The code is taken from the bash source (bashline.c) with minimal
   changes.

2. The changes are put inside #ifdef HAVE_READLINE_HISTORY_H, because
   it uses history related functions.

3. In the call to rl_add_defun, the operate-and-get-next function is
   bound to C-o.  This is not the behavior of Bash and Octave, which
   depends on the user to define the key binding in ~/.inputrc.  To
   mimic this behavior, the code should be rather:

   rl_add_defun ("operate-and-get-next", operate_and_get_next, -1);

Best regards,

Rafael Laboissiere

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael.laboissiere at inserm.fr> [2010-08-07 13:07]: