[Rd] Removing cran mirrors

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Tue Nov 3 17:32:44 CET 2009

> Note that with such a policy, half CRAN packages wouldn't work anymore,
> because then we'd had "cut off" several packages away that are dependencies
> for others etc.
> Examples for packages we probably should "cut off" now (since they already
> caused too much time looking at them) are:
>
>   clusterfly, ggplot2, lvplot, plyr
>
> all of them giving WARNINGS under R-2.10.0 and I guess you know the
> miantiner who has been asked by automatical notification to fix the issues.

Hopefully this doesn't sound too self-serving, but:

 * Keeping a mirror up-to-date is _much_ easier than keeping a package
up-to-date (i.e. you just have to run rsync regularly).

 * I don't recall receiving any automated notices about problems, and
I've just tried searching for combinations of R 2.10, warning and
ggplot2 as well as several other attempts and haven't been able to
find anything.  I normally try and keep on top of issues like this.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/