[Rd] re ading SPSS .sav files (PR#13509)

HBaize HBaize at buttecounty.net
Sat Feb 14 00:11:14 CET 2009

Yes the GUI crashes with the message:
"R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close."
giving two options debug ro close. Either button will close R.

Additional information:
I have replicated the crash using SPSS sav files from version 13.0 and 17.0.
It does not crash reading files from SPSS versions 10.0.3, 11.0, or 12.0. I
would supply a sample SPSS sav file but most of my files contain
confidential health information. I could create one and upload it in a few
hours. I can't do it from my workplace. Office security issues.