[Rd] Task View for Marketing

Charlotte Maia maiagx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 04:03:53 CET 2009

Hi

I was wondering if a task view for marketing would be a good idea????

I realise that it would have some overlap with other task views.
Social science, cluster and multivariate are the most obvious ones.

There seem to be a lot of packages (quite in your face, if I may say
so) for finance and econometrics (however this is a good thing,
mostly...). However, marketing focused packages seem to be more
obscure.

I don't know how it works overseas, however in my country, of all the
mainstream business disciplines, marketing seems to use the most
statistics. Plus most of the employment opportunities I see for
statisticians in the commercial sector, are in market research, where
database marketing and market segmentation seem to be the hot topics.

I can see how R might be less attractive to marketing graduates than
graduates of finance and economics. However at the same time, I know a
lot of people who have graduated in statistics, who are interested in
marketing...

regards
--
Charlotte Maia