[Rd] print.closure at the R level

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 20 23:23:23 CEST 2009

    RF> Hello,

    RF> Sorry if I have waisted any time of people truing this
    RF> patch.

yes, you did waste (sic) ....
but thank you for the code suggestions anyway.

    RF> There was an issue with debugging (use of debug
    RF> and browser that caused an infinite recursion). I think
    RF> this is now fixed.

[ actually I had found even simpler bugs in it, e.g.
  you accidentally called C-level "print.function()" on "language",
  some may have been fixed by your new patch too, but others are
  not {e.g., print() *must* return its argument !}
]

However, I've already changed your old patch too much
(notably by using *our* C coding standards) to want to look at
your new patch in detail.

If you want we can communicate off-list about this,
tomorrow...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich