[Rd] packages in Depends field and NAMESPACES

Kenneth Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Thu Oct 16 16:34:30 CEST 2008

Must packages in the Depends field of the DESCRIPTION file have
NAMESPACES?  I haven't seen this explicitly indicated anywhere.

I am writing a small package and find that when I add the abind
package to the list of the Depends field, I get an error in
R CMD check of the build.

* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
   abind

See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

The abind package is installed, my package installs, builds and loads
correctly and, in general, works, even the function that uses abind.
I haven't been able to spot an error from reading the 'Writing R
Extensions' manual, yet.  About the only thing that I have noticed
that is different
in this package from the others in the Depends list is that it doesn't
have a NAMESPACE.

Here is my sessionInfo:

R version 2.7.2 Patched (2008-09-02 r46491)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] CorticalGraph_0.1-2  abind_1.1-0          geometry_0.1-4
[4] rgl_0.81             scatterplot3d_0.3-27 gridBase_0.4-3

[1] tools_2.7.2

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Ken

--
Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846