[Rd] Wishlist - better object.size() function

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Nov 19 18:49:43 CET 2008

Benjamin Hofner <Benjamin.Hofner <at> imbe.med.uni-erlangen.de> writes:
> - Why is the function returning the size in bytes? This is (in most
> cases) overly accurate and for humans hard to read. I would suggest to
> have it printed in mb per default and additionally add a switch to
> choose the appropriate unit.
>
> This is a first proposal:

There was a such proposal some time ago. See

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2006-August/038935.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2006-September/042673.html
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/devel/06/09/0181.html

Unfortunatelly, there was no interest in adding this to R. I removed the
files mentioned in above posts. However, the proposed implementation was
added to my "private-playground" package ggmisc. The package can be downloaded
at

http://gregor.gorjanc.googlepages.com/ggmisc_0.2.1.tar.gz
http://gregor.gorjanc.googlepages.com/ggmisc_0.2.1.zip

gg