[Rd] Linux installation

Sklyar, Oleg (MI London) osklyar at maninvestments.com
Fri May 9 10:20:11 CEST 2008

Michael:

1) this IS a wrong list for such questions. You mention r-help, but this
is Rd (developers) and your question is completely unrelated to the
topics of the list!
2) In Linux, any time you want to compile anything against anything and
using binary distributions you need *-devel or *-dev packages depending
on the distribution. Even if it is not mentioned anywhere, it is
actually how all Linux binary distributions are maintained. What those
*-devel contain are actually *.h files.
3) Install R from source and you will have no issues.

Best,

Dr Oleg Sklyar
Technology Group
Man Investments Ltd