[Rd] embedFonts() side-effect under 2.6.2 ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Mar 6 00:26:40 CET 2008

I received the following as a Debain bug report (cf
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=469560)

   To reproduce:

   1) Run the following commands:

   filename <- 'test.pdf'
   pdf(filename)
   plot(1:10)
   dev.off()

   2) Open test.pdf (I use Evince, but the same with Adobe Acrobat). Make
      sure there are ten hollow points in the plot. This is correct.

   3) Run command

   embedFonts(filename)

   4) Open test.pdf again. The points are now solid.

   The bug was introduced in one of the recent versions (I think in
   2.6.x). I'm ready to provide any additional info.

I don;t have r-devel (or r-patched) handy right now. Could someone kindly
confirm / deny is this is still an open issue?

Thanks, Dirk