[Rd] stripchart ignores main title option (PR#12202)

j.curran at auckland.ac.nz j.curran at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 7 11:59:18 CEST 2008

Full_Name: James Curran
Version: 2.7.1
OS: Windows XP/Vista
Submission from: (NULL) (

stripchart ignores the main title option. For example, in the documentation

     stripchart(decrease ~ treatment,
         main = "stripchart(OrchardSprays)",
         vertical = TRUE, log = "y", data = OrchardSprays)

does not yield a plot with "stripchart(OrchardSprays)" at the top of the plot.
Looking at the source code of stripchart.default there is:

title(xlab = xlab, ylab = ylab)

I would have thought the main would have got wrapped up in the ... that is sent
to the plot command, but then I don't know enough about it.