[Rd] build packages with vignettes in Windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 30 20:31:37 CEST 2008

On 4/30/2008 11:56 AM, Michael wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2008, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>> Right, you don't need to set the system path for everything, but you do
>> need to set it in CMD (or other shell) before running Rcmd.
>
> For Win 2K/XP/Vista, the system path can be set (through the GUI interface,
> not sure how to do it with scripts) without restarting, for new CMD
> processes started afterwards.

Sure, but the installer doesn't know how to do that.  It just sets the
path in the registry; it doesn't know how to give Explorer a kick to get
it to reload from there.  As far as I know there's no documented way to
do that.

Within a shell it's very easy to set the path, but it doesn't propagate
to processes started outside that shell.

Duncan Murdoch