[Rd] "sub-optimal" message from R CMD INSTALL

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Mon Apr 21 21:36:58 CEST 2008

I received the following message when installing
a private package:

** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
>>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'psflib'
Formats: text html latex example
Note: unmatched right brace in 'psf' on or after line 136
psflib-package                    text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (psflib)

I would like to propose to change the message in such a way
that the actual file name (here: `psf.Rd') or an actual
reference to the manpage ("...brace in documentation for "psf'")
is reported avoiding the silly pitfall of looking for a brace mismatch
in `psf.R'. moreover, I'm wondering why R CMD CHECK did _not_
complain at all, which is the other thing I wanted to ask.

right now, it's only clear form the context that `psf.Rd' is meant
in the message provided.

regards,

joerg