[Rd] Adding a Matrix Exponentiation Operator

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 8 17:18:45 CEST 2008

    rw> Hi martin
    rw> Actually I did read your email. If you had actually read *my* email you would have seen that I am not using the windows version, which is what you explicitly referred to earlier. Lack of observation aside, that was indeed what I was asking.

Ah, ok,
please excuse me.

I only quickly scanned that you had installed the outdate binary
version of the package, and wrongly concluded you were using Windows.

Indeed, you used the MacOS one which for this case suffers from the
identical problem: It installs a *binary* package, the binaries
are only rebuilt from the source once a day (or so), and so you got the
old version instead of the - then current - version.

    rw> Thanks
    rw> Rory

Martin