[Rd] "R CMD check" leaving object files.

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 14:17:32 CEST 2008

If I run "R CMD check" on my package source directory I get no warnings
(okay, at the moment I get a few, but lets imagine for the sake of
argument I don't). Then if I run it again I get a warning about my
source package having object files in it:

* checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'foo/src' contains object files.

  Well, I didn't put them there!

  Can't find anyone else really griping about this on the R search
stuff. So am I doing something wrong?

  Is there a standard way I can do a 'clean' in the source subdirectory
before the check?

  Thanks in advance for any ideas, I'm really just putting off sorting
out the code/documentation warnings...

Barry