[Rd] Windows Vista Issues

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:58:06 CEST 2007

If you find you need to turn UAC off try, instead, installing R into
   %userprofile%\Documents\R\R-2.6.0
(assuming R 2.6.0).  I run with UAC *on* although actually I was able
to run R with UAC on even with R in c:\Program Files\R\R-2.6.0.
It was only R CMD CHECK/INSTALL that was a problem and
even that I am not so sure really needed the step of relocating R to
%userprofile%\... since I tried so many things and it might have been
something else.

Also see my post here:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2007-September/046830.html