[Rd] S4 assignment \alias and \usage

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed May 30 16:18:30 CEST 2007

    PaulG> What is the Rd file alias and usage syntax for an S4 assignment method?
    PaulG> I have been trying variations on

    PaulG> \alias{TSdoc<-,default-method}

Do you really have a class called "default" ????

Using "<func>.default" is an S3 concept which in S4 is replaced
by defining methods for "ANY".

In Matrix, we have

\alias{dim<-,Matrix-method}

and that works fine
-- though we don't have a \usage{.} there, since this really is in
Matrix-class.Rd

Martin Maechler

    PaulG> \usage{
    PaulG> \S4method{TSdoc}{default}(x) <- value

    PaulG> but so far I have not got it right according to various codoc, etc, checks.

    PaulG> Paul Gilbert