[Rd] [R-downunder] las with stripchart

John Maindonald John.Maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 21 00:06:05 CET 2007

Hi Ross -
I believe I was wrong in thinking that passing via the ...
list to stripchart() was ever allowed.  Here are patches:

Add ... to the argument list
Add, at the beginning of the function:

pars <- list(...)

There are two calls to axis().  Modify these to:

       axis(1, at = at, labels = names(groups), las=pars$las)
       axis(2, at = at, labels = names(groups), las=pars$las)

Also col=pars$col and bg=pars$bg should probably get
passed in the call to points()

Are there also parameters that should be passed in the
call to title(), as Paul mooted in that July 2001 discussion?

For the earlier 2001 discussion, see

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/devel/01b/0089.html

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.