[Rd] Rscript on Windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Feb 17 18:55:22 CET 2007

On 2/17/2007 10:57 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

[ deletions ]

> Also I think that the success of R in the community is such that the core
> developers do have some responsibility to the community at large beyond
> their own needs.

I'd agree with this, as long as you don't limit it to the core
developers.  We all have some responsibility to the community at large
beyond our own needs.  But I think we also all have the right to decide
how to prioritize those responsibilities.

much as a business which when it gets to a certain size
> and prominence has certain responsibilities to society beyond its own
> purposes and some reasonable compromise between their own needs
> and obvious requirements to complete certain work or do it to a certain
> level of quality needs to be taken account of.

Sounds like you should contact Microsoft, and try to get them to take
their responsibilities seriously, and support #! syntax in CMD.EXE.
They've got a lot more resources than the R core group has.

Duncan Murdoch