[Rd] newline with cell of Excel worksheet created with write.xls

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 11:07:51 CET 2007

Hi Mark,

You need a character vector or a data.frame for separate rows. Something like:

longtext <- 'akdf kadfö \nkad flkdöflkadfk dafk \nlakdf
kdjfkjdfkjadfk\njadfkjdflk adf'
(rowtext <- as.data.frame( strsplit( longtext, split = "\n" )) )

may do this.

Regards,
Hans-Peter

PS: Probably not so appropriate for the R-devel list either...