[Rd] SEXP i/o, .Call(), and garbage collection.

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 20:01:06 CET 2007

One possible reason for such problems is if you copy the pointers
for say, attributes, classes, names, rather than duplicating them.
With very few exceptions, mostly in classes, no two R objects of
the sort you normally encounter/create/play-with should share *any*
part of their data-structure. e.g. such problem can result if you
assign the row names of the input to the output (even if both have
the same row names).

However, without the actual code, can't tell.