[Rd] Mouse handling in Rgui console

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Apr 29 15:12:08 CEST 2007

I've just committed some changes to R-devel to make the mouse handling
in the R console more consistent with Windows conventions:

- insert vs overwrite mode is now indicated by a vertical line/solid
block cursor
- the mouse can be used to move the cursor (only within the input line)
- if part of the input line is highlighted and text is entered, it will
replace the highlighted section.

It's not fully consistent with other Windows programs:  e.g. Ctrl-X
still does "copy and paste".  I tried to add missing functionality while
making minimal changes to existing behaviour, but some changes were
unavoidable.

Input handling in Rgui is complicated by the support for multi-byte
character sets and double-width characters (e.g. Chinese, Japanese),
which I can't easily test, so I'd appreciate it if others could take a
look and let me know of any bugs.  This should show up in Windows builds
of 2.6.0dev on CRAN of revision 41380 or later.

Duncan Murdoch