[Rd] Sweave.sh shell script on CRAN
gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Apr 16 15:39:38 CEST 2007
Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> On Windows sweave.bat is a Windows XP batchfile that will run sweave
> and then latex and then display the file on screen. Issuing the command
> sweave without args from the Windows command line gives info on how to
> use it.
Nice to see windows "equivalent". However, I must say that my script
provides several ways to get to the result e.g. if you use prosper you
need to go via postscript, beamer behaves differently etc.
There are now the following ways of LaTeX processing:
Command and path Script option Used tools
- PS -tp, --texi2dvi2ps texi2dvi and dvips
- PS to PDF -tld, --texi2dvi2ps2pdf texi2dvi, dvips and ps2pdf
- PDF -td, --texi2dvi2pdf texi2dvi with pdf option
- PS -lp, --latex2dvi2ps hardcoded 'latex+co' + dvips
- PS to PDF -lld, --latex2dvi2ps2pdf hardcoded 'latex+co' + dvips
- PDF -ld, --latex2pdf hardcoded 'latex+co' + dvips
> To install sweave.bat you must place sweave.bat (and Rcmd.bat) both
> from this batchfiles distribution anywhere in your path. It does not
> sh.exe and does not make use of perl but does use "Rcmd sweave"
> so would have no prerequisites beyond latex, Acrobot (or other viewer)
> and those of Rcmd.
As I stated I am not sure how Rcmd works, but Sweave in SVN is a shell
script as well as Rcmd! How does it become an exe file?
More information about the R-devel