[Rd] R CMD build question

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Sep 22 17:28:48 CEST 2006

On Solaris when my package is built, I get the following result:

creating vignettes ...Segmentation Fault - core dumped
OK

My question isn't why I get a segfault, but why does build return an OK
after such an inauspicious event? Is build only supposed to error out if
something more central to the package is off?

R CMD check does issue a warning that the vignette is missing, so maybe
that is the intended result.

Best,

Jim

--