[Rd] memory issues with new release (PR#9344)

khansen at stat.Berkeley.EDU khansen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Nov 6 19:50:08 CET 2006

It would be helpful to produce a script that reproduces the error on =20
your system. And include details on the size of your data set and =20
what you are doing with it. It is unclear what function is actually =20
causing the error and such. Really, in order to do something about it =20=

you need to show how to actually obtain the error.

To my knowledge nothing _major_ has happened with the memory =20
consumption, but of course R could use slightly more memory for =20
specific purposes.

But chances are that this is not really memory related but more =20
related to the functions your are using - perhaps a bug or perhaps a =20
user error.

Kasper