[Rd] Wishlist: Vignettes on CRAN

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 23 16:22:41 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 12:21:18AM -0400, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> I currently put my NEWS file in ./inst as the build procedure will

Yes, but for what I suggested we need standardized location as well as
format to permit automatic extraction, formatting, processing, ... off-line.
For just one glimpse at that consider Debian's changelog site at
changelog.debian.net (NB .net not .org as it is a contributed site), and
eg
	     http://changelog.debian.net/r-base
for a nine-year maintenance history of R within Debian.

I really want summaries to pop up in my rss reader to glance at what was
updated on CRAN.  But as Kurt pointed out, that may be Quixotic. Too bad.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison