[Rd] Force action in package install?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue May 2 22:46:55 CEST 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On May 2, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>> I tried putting a target that depends on FORCE into Makefile or
>> Makevars in the src directory, but it is not being built.  What
>> sort of make magic do I need, and where do I put it in order to
>> get R CMD INSTALL to run my code?
>>

> I don't think that's supported at all. I have successfully used
> this VeryUglyHack(TM) in the package's Makevars:

Oops - I just realized that it's a huge overkill for what you
described (the application actually did matter - it involved
generated c files). The generated files force make to re-make the
target unconditionally when using phony target, but that's another
story. Sorry for the noise - feel free to delete it :).

Cheers,
Simon