[Rd] Installation problem of R.app GUI 1.15 for R 2.3.0 (PR#8828)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue May 2 20:43:25 CEST 2006

Pan,

On May 2, 2006, at 12:34 PM, dupan at northwestern.edu wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest R2.3.0 for Mac. When I tried to
> install R.app GUI 1.15, it told me "You cannot install R GUI for
> Mac OS X on this volume. Requires Mac OS X 10.4.4 or higher." But
> actually I am using Mac OS X 10.4.6, which is higher than 10.4.4.
> Is there anyone knows what the problem is? BTW, all other packages
> were installed smoothly. Thanks a lot!

Indeed there is a bug in that PackageMaker that causes the individual
installer for Packages/R-GUI.pkg to fail (SpecType should be plist
not bundle). Please use the regular R package instead (R.mpkg) - that
should work.

FWIW: If R.app is all you want, you may in fact just get it from the
nightly page ( http://R.research.att.com ), because as it appears it
has an important bug fix:
http://R.research.att.com/R-GUI-3114-2.3-Deployment.dmg

Cheers,