[Rd] Installation package of R-GUI (PR#9098)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jul 27 06:51:36 CEST 2006

Frederic,

On Jul 26, 2006, at 11:00 AM, moser.frederic at gmail.com wrote:

> Full_Name: Frédéric Moser
> Version: R-GUI, the last one

^^ What is "the last one"?

> OS: Macosx 10.4.7
> Submission from: (NULL) (83.228.155.25)
>

> The installer say that I can't install R-GUI, because I don't have
> Macosx 10.4.4
> installed, but my powerbook g4 1.33ghz run the 10.4.7 ...
> Strange :P

Which R are you trying to install and how? If you really mean R-GUI
"the last one" i.e. the nightly build then you only have to drag it
to your Applications folder - there is no installer.

If you use the regular CRAN installer of a released version of R
(2.3.1) then the GUI is installed as a part of the R installation
process, so it has no separate check. I have also checked the
individual package (which usually is not used directly) and it works,
too, so I fail to see the problem.

Cheers,
Simon